To be a thriving and diversified international port.
To be an economic driver that facilitates maritime trade and marine commerce by providing professional service that respects the environment, the community and the port users.
We will ensure the decisions and actions of the Port Authority are made according to applicable acts, regulations and best practices.
We commit to efficiently and effectively meet the mandate, regulations, vision and mission of the Port Authority.
We will conduct the business of the Port Authority with integrity, commitment, honesty and sincerity.
We expect and respect the public’s interest in port operations and activities. As such, we want to reflect and uphold an organizational culture that improves visibility.
We commit to meeting and exceeding all regulatory and public expectations for the safe undertaking and enjoyment of all port facilities and operations.
We will approach all challenges and opportunities with a mindset of flexibility, adaptability and sustainability.
The Port Alberni Port Authority (PAPA) is committed to environmental responsibility. PAPA continually prioritizes environmental considerations in its operations and encourages environmental stewardship among its many users.
In order to maintain and improve environmental stewardship, PAPA will continue efforts to follow best practises within its jurisdiction, such as:
• Complying with environmental legislation, relevant guidelines and codes of practice that apply to its facilities and operations;
• Ensuring that facilities and operational activities at the Port are undertaken in a manner that protects the environment and prevents or minimizes pollution;
• Continually seek improvements to existing environmental approaches and performance by reviewing activities yearly, ensuring conformity and evaluating their progress;
• Communicating environmental policy;
• Allowing researchers on our premises for sampling and for any other purposes;
• Maintaining Green Marine Certification